Graeme Hand is a Holistic Management Certified Educator.
Graeme was taught by Alan Savory and learnt much through observing and through his own experience on his farm and other people’s farms. Graeme invites you to join Stipa Native Grasses Association.
Also Graeme is the president of Stipa Native Grasses Association and is available as a consultant.
Related Farm Tours:
- 2 day intensive workshop- Pasture Cropping and Grazing ManagementWanting to increase soil carbon, decrease chemical and fertiliser inputs, better manage your stock through better grass? The below may be of interest. Good afternoon,As many have requested, we are pleased to be able to offer a 2 day intensive workshop focused on Pasture Cropping and Grazing Management. The town of Newstead will host the […]
- 8th Stipa Conference Sneak Peek – Definition of Perennial Grassland RecoveryGraeme Hand, CEO of Stipa Grasslands Association, was one of the speakers in the recent Stipa Conference. His talk: “Action on the Ground Project” examines how to rapidly assess how well your land is functioning. He provides a framework to interpret data and evaluate it to correct your management. In this clip he explains the […]
- 8th Stipa Conference Sneak Peek – Know Your Soil By Your PlantsGraeme Hand, CEO of Stipa Grasslands Association, was one of the speakers in the recent Stipa Conference. In this clip he shows a list of things to target and observe to measure your soil health and manage pasture regeneration. They are simple observations to assess a functioning landscape. This is a sneak peek of the […]
- 8th Stipa Conference Sneak Peek – You Can See Quick Changes If You Do The Right ThingGraeme Hand, CEO of Stipa Grasslands Association, was one of the speakers in the recent Stipa Conference. In this clip he shows some data of very low rainfall during the year and still the seeds of the grasslands are being germinated. He said that you shouldn’t just listen to what people are telling to you, […]
- Holistic Management: Observing your cattle to manage grazingSlow To Download? Read what is being discussed below Video Transcript So can everyone give me a gut fill score, left hand side just in front of the hip. Does everyone know where I mean?Female Participant: Yeah. Participant: Yeah. Female Participant: Four. Participant: Four. Graeme: Yeah. Female Participant: Does it mean the other five? Graeme: […]
- Holistic Management: What do you do to recover an overgrazed paddock?Graeme Hand is talking about a quick way of assessing the paddock and says that if you did throw the pencil in the padock, overwhelming you’d find that you hit the soil more than anything else. You would hit some perennials, wouldn’t you? So yeah, you would get some that you’d hit a perennial grass, […]
- An Overview of Biological Farming – ‘Walk the Talk’ Sneak Peek with Graeme Hand & Lyn KelsonLyn Kelson runs The Green Cocky which aims to bring local farmers together to share biologically sustainable farming practices. In her introduction Lyn states that she has noticed that there is a disconnect between people and between farmers and their land. Lyn wants to break this disconnect by knowing her community and by knowing how […]
- Using animals to regenerate grasslandsGraeme Hand explains what animals do to break up the soil. He speaks of the trial used to show the potential of native grassland recovery. Mercunda is one of the projects of Stipa to improve the ecological health in Low Rainfall Grasslands. The goal of this project is to improve the health on 1500ha of […]
- Reasons Why Your Farming Sucks!Helen Disler gave her feedback from the recent ABC News report about the importance of soil carbon for the fertility of the soil. This is something that every farmer needs to know. Reference: ABC News – http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-17/nsw-soil-carbon-mitigates-drought-17-02-14/5264922 Graeme Hand – https://www.farmingsecrets.com/experts/graeme-hand-2/ Farming Secrets Membership Benefits – http://circle.farmingsecrets.com/member-registration/ The post Reasons Why Your Farming Sucks! appeared […]
- Does your soil need fertilizers?Learn more about Graeme Hand here: https://www.farmingsecrets.com/experts/graeme-hand-2/ This clip is a sneak peek of our “Walk the Talk” February 2014 filming from the An Introduction to Holistic Management workshop. ‘Walk the Talk’ filming is one of the benefits of becoming a Farming Secrets member – see more benefits here: http://circle.farmingsecrets.com/member-registration/ Related Clips: How do you […]